In the light of this idiom is best suited to the subject we are going to discuss. There are a huge number of maximalist interior design fans. So definitely there is someone who likes something completely different from you.
So, let’s begin.
What is the Maximalist style in interior design?
Unlike the Minimalist style, this interior direction is aimed at the external expression of own bright individuality.
2021 has become a year of greater human self-identification than many previous years. We all have our past: precious memories, valuable photographs, favorite pieces of furniture, decor items that remind us of the significant events in our life.
Maximalist is an interior style that allows us to put all this on public review. Equally important in that space to show what is dear to us, what we have gone through and achieved in our life.
Maximalism is a “loud” and bright style that proclaims:
- I loudly and publicly declare to the world who I am.
- I am a bright persona with the desire and ability to express myself.
- I like a wide range of things, art, books, music.
- I am a comprehensively developed person.
- I remember the past
- I appreciate the present
- I am open to the future
- I know that the responsibility for my life lies only with me
Minimalism design principles
One of the Minimalism design principles is to have more different storage spaces to make the space visually cleaner. Contrary to the mentioned above Minimalist style in Maximalism decoration everything is at hand. Every decor element itself is an integral part of this style.
There is a widespread belief that Minimalism encourages space congestion. This is not true. This impression is formed under the influence of saturated colors, a combination of bright contrasting patterns.
Maximalism uses the whole space.
As a matter of fact, a bold mixture of styles is the main feature of Maximalism.
This style is reminiscent of the famous stately interiors of England’s castles. Together with Lavishly flavored with rich décor, bold colors, modern accents make the interiors maximalist and contemporary.
Also, the walls with galleries on them seem to be overloaded. All pieces of art are carefully selected and have sentimental value to the owner.
Using furniture with history is another trick for Maximalism. Feel free to leave your favorite sofa, armchair, or chest of drawers.
Features of the Maximalist interior design:
- rich and bold colors
- a mix of styles — eclecticism, boho, traditional
- the use of various textures and patterns
- objects of art of various styles and trends united by one theme
- the presence of many decorative items on display — books, sculptures
- The best way to start a maximal interior is to start embodying a lighter version of this style.
- Let your the very first step will be introducing textile decor for pillows, blankets, curtains. In this case, you can take the existing style of the
- interior as a basis and supplement it with bright textiles.
Another way easy get into this style is to use the walls as an art gallery. Display them with sentimental photographs or a collection of art from your favorite artists, or display your own collection such as plates and other art pieces. Just begin and you will like it for sure.